We offer a full spectrum of colorectal care, from basic preventative screenings, to the treatment of chronic conditions such as Crohns Disease, to advanced surgical solutions for colon and rectal cancer.
- Hemorrhoids: varicosities or swelling, and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus
- Anal fissures: unnatural cracks or tears in the anus
- Fistulas: abnormal connections or passageways between the rectum or other anorectal area to the skin surface
- Constipation conditions
- Fecal Incontinence
- Rectal prolapse: protrusion of the walls of the rectum through the anus
- Severe colic disorders such as Crohn's disease
- Colorectal cancer: cancer of the colon and rectum
- Injuries to the anus
- Removal of objects inserted into anus
Our leadership in advanced surgical education and in the use of cutting edge technologies and clinical innovations to improve patient outcomes has lead us to establish a colon and rectal surgery teaching residency program in our practice.
This program is the only such program in Connecticut and one of only 54 in the United States. In this program, general surgeons receive advanced surgical education and training that makes them eligible for board certification by the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.